Skip to content
- Marinate tuna in ponzu sauce for 1-2 hours, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend ginger, cilantro, chives, white pepper and mayonnaise.
- Gently fold in crab meat and chill, covered, until needed.
- In separate bowl, blend bread crumbs with sesame oil and cilantro. Hold aside.
- To serve: Heat peanut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat tuna steaks dry, then sear on both sides.
- Remove from pan and either finish to serve immediately or chill tuna to serve cold.
- To finish: Heat oven to broil. Pack half of the crab mixture on top of each seared tuna steak.
- Top each with half of the crumb mixture, pressing crumbs into crab.
- Broil (gratiné) the crumb topping, placing approximately 8” from heat until crumbs are golden brown.