Select a Product:
Select a Category:
Light & Healthy
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Phillips Crab Meat
Seasonings & Sauces
Where To Buy
Recipes and Cooking Tips
Understanding Crab Meat
Tips for a Great Crab Cake
Health and Education
Ensuring Food Safety
Crab Nutritional Profile
About Phillips Foods
Mission & Core Values
Legend of Phillips
In the News
Recipes and Cooking Tips
Spicy Crab Roll
Yield: 6 rolls
Read Reviews (
Click on the number of stars to rate the recipe
0/4 (0 vote cast)
4 medium carrots
1/4 C. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
4 1/4" slices fresh ginger
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 tsp. sriracha (Thai hot sauce)
2 Tbsp. masago (smelt roe)
1 lb. backfin crab meat
1 ripe avocado
2 C. iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
6 top-split hot dog rolls, Pepperidge Farm or Giant in-house bakery
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Peel and trim carrots and slice into thin matchsticks. Place into a small bowl.
2. In a small saucepan, heat vinegar, sugar, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, and ginger slices until sugar dissolves, then pour over carrots. Cool completely, then cover and chill at least one hour. Pickled carrots will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
3. Stir together mayonnaise, zest from the lime, juice of half of the lime, sriracha, masago and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Gently fold in crabmeat, preserving large lumps as much as possible. Cover and chill 30 minutes
4. Halve and pit the avocado, then remove the fruit from each side of the peel using a spoon. Thinly slice the avocado and fan out slightly on a cutting board. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and the juice from the remaining half lime.
1. Preheat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly butter the outer sides of each bun and toast on the hot skillet, turning once to brown and crisp both sides.
2. Arrange shredded lettuce in the bottom of each toasted roll. Overlap 2-3 slices of avocado on one side of each roll, then fill with 1/6 of the chilled crab salad. Top each roll with cold picked carrots, and serve immediately. Serve with crispy kettle-cooked potato chips.
Recipe created by Jennifer from Falls Church, VA for the 2010 Ultimate Crab Challenge Recipe Contest.
Write a Review
We haven't received any reviews for this recipe yet.
Be the first to write a review.
Add Your Review
(Will not be posted immediately)
Last Name and Email Address will not be displayed with your review
Yes! Sign me up for the free Phillips monthly newsletter.
Coupons, recipes & more!
Date of Birth:
Date of birth and zip code are required for newsletter signup.
Bacon Wrapped Crab Minis with Cranberry Sauce
Blue Crab Beignets
Jobs at Phillips
© 2013 Phillips Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Other Phillips Web Sites