2020 PHILLIPS RECIPE CHALLENGE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Phillips Foods, Inc. (“Phillips”) in connection with this Contest.
Rules of the Contest:
- Recipe must use one Phillips Foods product as the main ingredient. Any grade of meat or any retail product is acceptable. Recipe may be a cold or hot item.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per household.
- The Grand Prize Winner and Giant/Martin’s Retailer Winner will be notified on or before January 31, 2021 by phone or email. Names of the winners will be made available on Phillips’ website, and available by mail upon request. Please send request to: Marketing Department, Phillips Foods, Inc., 3761 Commerce Drive, Suite 413, Baltimore, MD 21227. Attn: Recipe Contest.
- All recipes will be judged on taste, ease in preparation, creativity of flavor combinations and clarity of cooking instructions for both the Grand Prize Winner and the Giant/Martin’s Retailer Winner. Recipes will be reviewed by chefs selected by Phillips.
- Your recipe must state number of servings.
- Your recipe must include a photo of the finished recipe.
- To submit your recipe online, your recipe must be submitted no later than11:59 pm December 31, 2020, using our online entry form. Recipes will also be accepted by mail and must be received at Phillips Foods by December 31, 2020. All mail in entries must be neatly hand printed or typed, using single or double line spacing on 8 ½ x 11” paper. Recipes should be sent to: Marketing Department, Phillips Foods, Inc., 3761 Commerce Drive, Suite 413, Baltimore, MD 21227, Attn: Recipe Contest.
- All entries that comply with the Official Rules and Recipe Submission Guidelines are eligible to be chosen as the Grand Prize Winner regardless of whether you are selected as the Giant Retailer Winner.
- Recipes submitted must be the original creation of entrant; entrant’s recipe must not have been published previously in the same or substantially the same form. Entrant cannot have won prizes or awards in other contests for the submitted recipe. Recipe cannot have appeared on any restaurant menu in the past. Any recipe submission that violates this section will result in disqualification of entry.
- All ingredients must be in English in exact U.S. measurements with complete instructions and relevant information.
- All entries become the property of Phillips Foods, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned. Participant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Phillips all rights, title, interest, and claim, which he or she now has, or may in the future have to his/her recipe and grants Phillips and those acting under their authority the right to use the recipe throughout the universe, in whole or in part, for any trade advertising or promotional purposes whatsoever, in all media now known or hereafter discovered throughout the universe.
- Entries must not contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, vulgar, or any other objectionable material, as determined by Phillips in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Phillips reserves the right to modify, edit, adapt, publish, or use the entry, including the recipe and any photos or other graphics sent to Phillips, in any way, in any and all media without limitation and without consideration or payment to the entrant. Winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility prior to receiving prize money.
- Phillips reserves the right to post entries on their websites at the conclusion of the contest. The Giant/Martin’s Retailer Winner and the Grand Prize Winner authorize and give full consent to Phillips to copyright, publish and display all photographs taken by or for Phillips, or given to Phillips in connection with this contest. It is further agreed that Phillips may use, or cause to be used, entrant’s name, photograph and/or likeness for any purpose connected to this contest.
- Phillips shall have no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or for problems or technical malfunctions of any telecommunication network, the internet, its website or any computer system. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an individual who submits a recipe via mail or online, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the email account or mailer of the entry. Phillips reserves the right to cancel the online portion of this recipe contest in the event that the online operation of the contest becomes impaired for any reason.
- Contest is open to all residents of the U.S.A. who are of legal age to participate in the state in which they reside, or a minimum of 18 years of age, whichever is greater. Employees of Phillips Foods, Inc. and Seafood Restaurants and also participating Giant/Marin’s employees and the immediate family members of such employees are not eligible to participate.
- All federal, state, provincial, local and other taxes on prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law, or where restricted so that this contest would violate any law. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. Phillips reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that it believes has violated the laws of the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- The recipe and any photos or other graphics submitted must not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right of any person or entity, must be your sole and exclusive property, must not contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, vulgar, racially or ethnically motivated, or any other objectionable material, as determined by Phillips in its sole and absolute discretion and must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs that impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, any personal or other contact information collected in conjunction with this contest will be used to notify the winners and may be used to develop new recipe features on our website. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that Phillips may use this information, or disclose it to other organizations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to applicable governmental authorities and the winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery or sweepstakes legislation.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold Phillips, GIANT FOOD and their parent companies, their affiliated companies, and any of their employees, officers, directors, or agents, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The Contest may be terminated by Phillips at any time without prior notice in its sole discretion.
- THE PHILLIPSFOODS.COM AND ULTIMATECRABCHALLENGE.COM SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS.” PHILLIPS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE QUALITY, SAFETY OR SUITABILITY OF THE SITE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, PHILLIPS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY STATEMENTS, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS IN THE WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT WILL PHILLIPS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER THEY MAY ARISE AND EVEN IF PHILLIPS HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Sponsor: Phillips Foods, Inc., 3761 Commerce Drive, Suite 413, Baltimore, Maryland 21227.
GIANT FOOD is a trademark owned by Ahold Licensing SARL.
Enter the Phillips Recipe Challenge NowFollow us on Facebook for fun weekly contests & prizes!