Add zest to your menu with Phillips Baja Crab Cakes! This flavor cake is handmade with wild-caught crab meat accented by chili pepper and garlic for fresh, Baja-inspired flavor. We add hot sauce and cayenne pepper for a hit of extra heat. These cakes cook quickly from thawed or frozen and are perfect for a wide variety of menu applications. Spice up lunch by topping our Baja Crab Cakes with avocado, pico de gallo and jalapeno aioli, or create a delicious and distinctive entrée by paring with Mexican street corn and a black bean salad with lime vinaigrette.
Item #35026Product Specs
Pan Fry from Thawed:
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil per cake in pan over medium-high heat.
2. Carefully add crab cakes to pan, cook 3 minutes.
3. Flip cakes, reduce heat to medium and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
Bake from Frozen:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Remove packaging and place crab cakes on a lightly buttered baking sheet.
3. Cook for 13 minutes and flip the cakes.
4. Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes.
5. Product is finished when an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
Bake from Thawed:
1. Preheat convection oven to 350°F.
2. Place cakes on oiled sheet pan and bake at 350°F for 7-9 minutes.
3. Flip cakes and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
4. Product is finished when an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
Crab, Mayonnaise (Soybean Oil, Egg Yolks, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Contains Less Than 2% Of High Fructose Corn Syrup, Salt, Mustard Seed, Calcium Disodium EDTA added to protect flavor, Garlic, Onion), Bread Crumbs (Wheat Flour, Sugar, Yeast, Salt), Celery, Eggs (Whole Egg, Citric Acid [to preserve color], 0.15% Water added as carrier for Citric Acid), Onions, Green Onions, Hot Pepper Sauce (Vinegar, Aged Peppers [Peppers, Salt, Vinegar], Water, Xanthan Gum and Benzoate of Soda [to preserve freshness and flavor), Dijon Mustard (Distilled Vinegar, Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Chardonnay Wine, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Spices, Turmeric), Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled White Vinegar, Molasses, Sugar, Water, Salt, Onions, Anchovies, Garlic, Cloves, Tamarind Extract, Natural Flavorings, Chili Pepper Extract), Lemon Juice, Seasoning (Salt, Spices [including Mustard], Paprika), Parsley, Sugar, Cayenne Pepper.
Contains: Crustacean Shellfish (Crab), Egg, Fish (Anchovies), Wheat.
Phillips has captured the taste and texture of freshly caught fish & shellfish with our own signature process, and we do it by hand every step of the way.
Add zest to your menu with Phillips’ dipping sauces and savory spice blends – perfect for broiling, grilling or as a dip for your best-selling appetizers.